Virtual Implementation Support Just Words
The Wilson® Virtual Implementation Support (VIS) for the Just Words program is a comprehensive web-based support that provides teachers with access to a virtual collaborative community where they can interact and learn from both colleagues and a Wilson Literacy Specialist to develop the knowledge and skills required for successful implementation of the Just Words program. The Virtual Implementation Support program, which spans one school year, is designed for intervention teachers in a Tier 2 setting in their initial year of Just Words implementation. (Just Words teachers looking to deepen their understanding of how to teach Just Words lessons efficiently would also benefit.)
The program includes live, interactive study sessions with a Literacy Specialist; curated content and links to resources on the Just Words Learning Community; access to an asynchronous Just Words Launch Workshop; opportunities to collaborate with colleagues via a monitored discussion board to share successes and brainstorm solutions.
One school year
Upon completion, participants are able to:
· Demonstrate working knowledge of the curriculum and instruction and the ‘why’ behind them.
· Set up a Just Words classroom with appropriate program materials.
· Access available online resources.
· Understand and execute specific Just Words Activity procedures and lesson planning.
An individual is encouraged to complete the following components:
· Participate in all Virtual Implementation Support session(s) on each instructional topic
· Explore all links to resources and become familiar with the Just Words Learning Community
· Participate in the Virtual Implementation Support discussion board